Job postings are complimentary to RCBC members. Members can submit job postings to members(at)rcbc.ca
There are currently no employment opportunities.
Recycling Program Coordinator - Product Care
Product Care Association is recruiting for a Recycling Program Coordinator position based at our head office in the Olympic Village area of Vancouver.
Product Care is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada and in the US for special waste products like lighting, smoke alarms, appliances, paint, and other household hazardous waste. Please visit www.productcare.org to learn more about the organization and www.regeneration.ca for consumer-facing information about the programs we manage.
The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and committed individual able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is a must. Duties include:
- Assisting with the design, development and delivery of product stewardship programs,
- Working with service providers and stakeholders to develop, manage and expand province-wide collection and recycling systems,
- Member outreach and member support services, including industry research and member recruitment,
- Stakeholder relations (consumers, municipalities etc.),
- Research, product categorization and company database development,
- Assisting in the development of communication materials and web content for a variety of audiences (members, consumers, service providers etc.),
- Coordinating with other team members to ensure an efficient operation and effective service delivery of programs,
- Developing reports and program statistics for internal and regulatory reporting,
- Assisting in audit requirements and quality control,
- Assisting in the development of program policies,
- Other administrative tasks and projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as engineering, sciences, environmental studies.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with staff, program members and stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and excellent computer skills.
- Valid drivers licence required.
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this regular, full time position along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment. Please apply with your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com quoting “Program Coordinator 2016” in the subject line and indicate your date of availability.