RCBC’s 40th Annual Zero Waste Conference & AGM
Registration | Accomodations | Program & Call for Presentations | Trade Show | Sponsorship Opportunities
As Einstein said, we cannot solve today’s problems with the same thinking that created them. Clearly, it’s time to re-think business as usual and develop new approaches to prevent waste available through closed-loop or circular economic opportunities.
The circular economy is, by design and intention, restorative, in that material flows are either designed to re-enter the environment safely, or re-circulate into production. From the moment of conception, using design for environment, this approach optimizes systems rather than components, drawing from methods that include cradle-to-cradle, biomimicry, industrial ecology, where waste (residual resources) of one product, becomes input to create another.
Join us for our 40th Anniversary Conference from May 28-30, 2014 in beautiful Whistler, BC!
Early Bird Member Rates Start at $575 ($625 for non-members)
Download the PDF registration forms (cheque or credit card registrations):
Register online (via Paypal)
*must meet non-profit subsidy requirements (see registration policy #4)
The Annual RCBC conference is attended by approximately 300-plus industry professionals from B.C. and North America. The three-day conference features a keynote speaker(s), presentations, workshops, information sessions and exhibits, as well as a Gala Dinner, entertainment and the annual RCBC awards presentation.
- Please submit payment with your registration form to RCBC. Make cheques payable to the Recycling Council of BC. Money orders and cheques will be accepted in CDN dollars only.
- Registrations received without payment will be considered incomplete and will not be processed until full payment is received.
- Member rates, including non-profit subsidy rates, are for active paid RCBC members only. In order to receive the member rate, 2014 memberships must be paid up by March 31, 2014. RCBC reserves the right to adjust your registration to the appropriate category, should you not qualify for member or non-profit subsidy rates or have not renewed your membership by March 31, 2014.
- Non-profit member registrations are for organizations that meeting the following: (1) annual budget of less than $250,000 (2) RCBC member in good standing (3)a provincially or federally registered charitable organization. Non-profit subsidy registrations are limited to 3 per organization.
- Registration cancellations WILL NOT be accepted by phone. All cancellations MUST be in writing to RCBC.
- The following cancellation penalties will apply:
- Prior to April 1: full registration refunded (less $50 administration charge)
- Between April 1-30: full registration refunded (less $100 administration charge)
- From May 1: no refund given
Conference delegates can avail of special room rates at the Fairmont Chataeu Whistler Resort starting at $149/night. Delegates are responsible for making their own reservations and payments. RCBC is offering special rates at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort starting as low as $149/night. Rates and availability are not guaranteed as rooms may sell out. Reserve now to ensure you receive the conference rate, valid only before April 18, 2014 providing room block does not sell out. For your enjoyment, the special rates are also available 3 days before and 3 days after the conference. Book ASAP to ensure your special rates. Limited space is available. To reserve:
By Phone: 1-800-606-8244 (quote Recycling Council of BC 2014 or group code 0514RECY for special rates.)
Book Online: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/recycling2014
- Underground self-parking is available at $30/night and valet parking at $35/night. Parking rates are inclusive of taxes
- Complimentary internet is available when you sign-up for a Fairmont President's Club Membership. You can register at www.fairmont.com/fpc.
- Delegate makes a reservation and secures with their credit card.
- Any cancellation outside of 72 hours prior to arrival, no charges will be incurred.
- At 72 hours prior to arrival, the guest credit card on file will be charged for full prepayment of the stay
- If the room is cancelled within the 72 hour cancellation period, the deposit for full room and tax will be kept as cancellation
The conference program will be released in the new year and sessions will be announced as they are finalized in the next few months.
The General Conference Schedule is
Wednesday - May 28 - Sessions from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. / Welcome Reception from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday - May 29 - Sessions from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. / Gala Reception & Dinner from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday - May 30 - 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you are interested in presenting at next year's conference, RCBC invites academics and professionals to share their knowledge and expertise in recycling, waste prevention, waste management, organics management, environmental sciences, municipal planning, extended producer responsibility and sustainable economics. You can view the full Call for Presentations here. Deadline for Submission is February 1, 2014.
Contact Brock Macdonald, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 604-683-6009 ext. 307 for sponsorship opportunties.
Registration for Exhibitors will open October 15, 2013. Booths are available starting at $835 (early bird member rate). To express your interest in exhibiting for our 2014 conference please contact Ben Ramos at email@example.com.
For general conference inquiries, please contact Ben Ramos at 604.683.6009 ext. 314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.