RCBC Conference 2016: Call for Presentations
RCBC invites academics and professionals to share their knowledge and expertise in recycling, waste prevention, waste management, organics management, environmental sciences, municipal planning, extended producer responsibility and sustainable economics at RCBC’s 42nd Annual Zero Waste Conference from May 18-20, 2016 at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler, B.C. Share your ideas, innovations and knowledge as one of the leaders in the wholesale system change from antiquated practices of managing waste, to a future optimizing the resources within a sustainable economy.
2016 Conference Theme: "Inspiring Circular Innovation - How to get to a zero waste planet? Plan-It!"
We are looking for presentations in the following areas:
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (ICI) waste diversion and resource recovery
- Organics best practices and practical applications for management
- Mixed-waste MRF operations and best practices
- Illegal dumping and abandonment issues, prevention and enforcement
- Public awareness, education and engagement
- Advanced and innovative waste management and treatment technologies
- Product development ideas based on feedstock from collected stewardship materials
- Chemical, household-hazardous, medical and special wastes
- Construction, demolition and renovation waste strategies
- Design for waste prevention
- Integrated waste management
- Laws, legislation, policy and regulations
- Modeling and case studies
- Issues related to waste and recycling collection, separation, transformation, treatment, recovery methods and technologies
Presentation selection is based on the following criteria:
1. Does the presentation reflect real-world examples and/or linked to academic theory?
2. Is the presentation cutting-edge, innovative, fresh and relevant?
3. Will it strengthen the skills and knowledge of recycling and waste management professionals and business people?
Presenters are expected to provide a 20-minute presentation within a specific theme. Some longer presentations may be accommodated if warranted. Presentations promoting products, companies or individuals will not be considered. Please note that presentations are video recorded for online viewing and PDFs are made available to conference attendees after the event.
Presentation abstracts, including a working title and a short synopsis, should be a maximum of one page in length and submitted to RCBC on or before February 1, 2016. Submissions can be sent via email (email@example.com), fax (604.683.7255) or mailed to: RCBC, Suite 10 – 119 West Pender St., Vancouver, B.C. V6B 1S5.
The Annual RCBC conference is attended by approximately 350-plus industry professionals from B.C. and North America. The three-day conference features a keynote speaker(s), presentations, workshops, information sessions and exhibits, as well as a Gala Dinner, entertainment and the annual awards presentation.
By presenting, you help raise the level of professionalism in the field and promote best practices to ensure a better future by sharing your expertise. You also enhance your reputation, make new contacts, gain recognition in your field and add to the body of knowledge to prevent and manage waste and recycling. Speakers are provided with complimentary registration for the conference. Please note that the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort will extend the special room rates of $160 per night for three days prior and three days after the conference dates. Please come and plan to participate and enjoy one of North America’s premiere vacation resorts.
Questions regarding format or content of your presentation can be addressed to RCBC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on RCBC events, contact Ben Ramos at 604-683-6009 ext. 314