Waste Reduction Week for Businesses
2016 Program for Businesses
Register your business for Waste Reduction Week 2016 and show your commitment to green practices.
RCBC has put together a comprehensive resource kit that will provide knowledge and direction to businesses looking to start a waste reduction program and to help improve existing programs. It will introduce concepts and tools to consider when looking at reducing the waste your business generates and how this can improve both your productivity and your bottom line.
The Business Resource Kit includes a number of valuable tools:
A Business Waste Assessment to help you assess your current generation of solid waste and plan necessary changes. A waste assessment can be an extremely valuable experience to a forward-thinking business, providing a baseline to start from.
Information on how to start a Recycling Program for your business. It covers what materials to include, where to find companies and resources to deal with those materials, how to save money, and how to improve your program over time.
RCBC Zero Waste Profiles
RCBC is currently working on profiles on businesses and organizations that are embracing zero-waste principles and making an impact:
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Green Coast Rubbish
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: London Drugs
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Bridge Brewing
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Uproot Now
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Cork-It!
- RCBC Zero Waste Profile: Zero Waste Market
Tip of the Day for Businesses
Review some of our past Tip of the Day ideas to get you started on incorporating sustainable practices in the workplace.
- Day 1 - Engage Your Staff
- Day 2 - Conduct a Waste Assessment
- Day 3 - Sustainable Purchasing
- Day 4 - Improve Your Current Program
- Day 5 - Use Existing Resources